Terms are used to organize courses based on when they occur during the school year. Some examples might include: Semester 1; Fall 2015; or Trimester A. Instructors will be asked to select a term upon creating a new course.
To Create, View, and Manage the Terms at your institution, select Course Presets in the left-hand navigation menu and select Terms. This page has three areas:
- Courses by Term: shows you the number of courses in each term. (See Figure 1).
- Students by Term: shows the total number of students enrolled in courses for each term. (See Figure
Terms: a breakdown of all the terms created for your institution.
- To Lock a term, select the Lock icon to the right of the term you wish to lock. Locking a term prevents instructors from adding any new courses to it. We advise that you lock all past terms and only leave current and future terms unlocked.
- To Edit a term, select the Pencil icon to the right of the term you wish to edit. This will allow you to update the Term Name, Start Date, and End Date.
- To Delete a term, click the red ‘X’ icon next to the term you wish to delete. NOTE: This will permanently delete the category and all of its course associations.