To manage the users at your institution, select Users from the left-hand navigation menu. The Users page lets you view and manage all of the users at the institution, including Administrators, Instructors, Students, Teaching Assistants, and Staff.
Use the search bar and the drop-down menus at the top of the page to help you sort and filter the user database for easier navigation. (See Figure 1).
The User Database table allows you to see each user’s Name, Email, and Role, the number of Courses in which they are active, as well as their Last Login Date.
- Clicking on a User’s Name will open up their individual profile page.
- Click the gear to the right of a user's name to allow special roles, like Course Creator, which will give the user the ability to author a new course. Instructors will not have the ability to create courses until they are approved and given permission to do so by an administrator. If you're a Super Admin, you'll also be able to elevate users to Admin permissions.
- To Manage an individual user’s account, click on the Pencil icon to the right of the user you wish to manage. This will bring up a new page containing information about that particular user, as well as two tabs: Courses and Manage Account. (See Figure 2).
- The Courses tab shows you which courses each user is active in. (See Figure 3).
- You can change the user’s role (i.e. Instructor, Student, Teaching Assistant, Staff) in the course by selected the User icon on the right hand side of the screen.
- To Remove the user from a course, click the Trash Can icon next to the course you wish to remove them from.
- The Manage Account tab lets you manage account-specific items for each user.
- Reset Password: will send the user a link to their email prompting them to reset their password.
- Change Email: will open a window in which you can enter the new email address you wish to have associated with this user account. The user will be sent an email to the new email address prompting them to confirm the changes to their account.
Delete Account: will permanently delete the account and all user submitted data. NOTE: Neither you nor the user will be able to access this account again once it is deleted.