You can access your Syllabus from the Navigation Bar: Under Course Info, click Syllabus.
Once on the syllabus page, you will have a new left navigation containing the following:
- Add Block
Here are types of blocks you can add to your syllabus:
- Section Title: Simple text block useful for breaking the page into labeled sections
- Text: Add a description, overview, or any other text you would like to appear on the syllabus. This block is suited for longer text sections and allows for greater formatting options over the Section Title block.
- Spacer: Add a spacer to allow you to better group or separate content blocks visually.
- Course Image: Add your course image to your syllabus. Note: your course image is uploaded and configured on your Course Settings page, and this block will direct you there if you need to upload your course image.
- Course Promo Video: Add your course promo video to your syllabus. Note: your course promo video is uploaded on your Course Settings page, and this block will direct you there if you need to upload your course promo.
- Instructors: Adds any of your course Instructors or TA’s to your syllabus and allows you to choose which ones you’d like to display on the syllabus.
- Image: Upload an image to your syllabus. Drag and drop the image or click on the upload icon to attach.
- Video: Upload a video to display on your syllabus. Drag and drop the video or click on the upload icon to attach.
- Audio: Upload an audio file to embed on your syllabus. Drag and drop the audio file or click on the upload icon to attach.
- Grading Policy: Add your grading policy to your syllabus. Note: Your grading policy is configured via the Gradebook and you will be directed there should you need to configure it.
- Coursework List: Add any coursework you’ve created to the syllabus. You have the option to show draft coursework, coursework numbers, and coursework due dates by using the configuration options.
- Session Schedule: Add any sessions you’ve created to the syllabus. You have the option to show draft sessions, session numbers, coursework due dates by using the configuration options.
- PDF Document: Attach and embed a downloadable PDF to your syllabus.
Preview will provide you with a student view of the syllabus. Select ‘Exit Student View’ to resume editing.
Save will save your changes made to the syllabus. Note: you must save your changes for them to take effect before leaving.
Settings allow you to select which content blocks from your Syllabus you would like to be visible on the public Course Landing Page. Note, the public Course Landing page may or may not be available on your Kannu portal. If your Kannu portal is using Course Landing Pages, all content blocks are automatically added to the Course Landing Page by default.
Exit will take you back to your Course Dashboard. Please make sure to Save before you exit.