The Announcements page allows you to send important messages, alerts, or updates to your entire institution.
You can access the Announcements page by selecting Announcements from the left hand navigation menu.
CREATE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT
- Under Announcements on the left hand navigation menu, click Add New. NOTE: If you are on the Announcements View All page, you can also click the Add New button.
- Enter an announcement title and message.
- From the Publish module, select who you would like to send the announcement to (e.g. All, Instructors, Students, Staff).
- To have this announcement emailed in addition to posting it to user’s notification centers, check the box next to Email this announcement.
- To Schedule the announcement to be sent in the future, select the date and time you wish to send it on by clicking the Calendar icon. Once you are done, click Schedule.
- To send the announcement immediately, click Publish Immediately and then click Publish.
- You can also save the announcement as a draft by clicking Save Draft. This will allow you to come back to it at a later time.
- To Preview the announcement, click the View icon at the bottom of the Publish module.
- To Delete the announcement, click the Trash Can icon at the bottom of the Publish module.
VIEW ALL ANNOUNCEMENTS
To view all of the announcements that you have sent or scheduled, click on Announcements View All from the left hand navigation menu. This page will show you a list of all existing announcements, with an indication as to whether they are Published, Scheduled, or a Draft.
- To Edit an announcement, click on the Pencil icon to the right of the announcement you would like to edit.
- To Delete an announcement, click on the red ‘X’ icon to the right of the announcements you would like to delete.